Wednesday, December 3, 2008

We moved!

The dogs in our backyard
The front of our house
Our living room
The doggies on their new beds
Sherman in his favorite place--on the stairs!
Well, in late July we got a job offer in our hometown of Farmington, NM. So a few weeks later we began the process of moving over 700 miles across country. I got a job teaching 7th grade at Mesa View Middle School. The kids are great and it is a beautiful school. My school window overlooks the Colorado Mountains which are covered in snow right now. I love it! Tappan is working as a production engineer at Conoco Phillips and he is enjoying his job as well. We bought a house about 1 block from my parents. It is a cute little 2 story adobe house with an amazing backyard! We can't wait for summer to start entertaining. Sherman has grown to a huge dog. He is now 75lbs. We recently went through puppy class and he is really trying but he is secretly related to Marley. (If you haven't seen the commercials yet, just wait!) Our inlaws fondly refer to him as Little Hitler. In all seriousness, he is such a cute dog that has brought me a lot of laughter and joy! He is just a little hyper. Isn't that what life is all about...? Hope you enjoy some pics of our house. I will work on more and send some more soon!

2 comments:

Jennifer Ferguson said...

Amy, your house is SO PRETTY! It reminds me of going to your wedding. I am glad you are back in your hometown! I know you miss CA though. I am a little scared to ask, where was Addie in the pictures? I love that dog! Surely she is just scared of the two bigger dogs???????? I couldn't bear to hear bad news of that cute little puppy that peed in my bed!! :)

The Azams said...

Amy and Tappan!! How are you guys? I realized who this one on Meredith and Kevin's blog! It's Meghan Kozimor (now Azam)! I can't believe you guys are back in Farmington! That's great! David and I are in Denver City still (we've been here for almost 7 years). We'll have to get together some time when we are in town! Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas...you guys should stop by our blog to see what we've been up to! www.theazams.blogspot.com